' This pasta recipe is great for a family supper. It is made from frozen peas, store cupboard pasta, a jar of pesto with a few added nutritional ingredients. The cashews make the pesto a little more creamy as well as providing a healthy serving of fats. This is a weeknight go to meal with a few little tweaks! It is delicious, healthy full of vegggies and quick to make. Enjoy!'
Pea & Parmesan Pasta
1 Pack of Shell Pasta or Pasta of Choice
300g of Frozen Peas
½ Cup of Cashews
½ Jar of Store-Bought Pesto
Dill or any herbs you have
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Juice of 1 Lemon
- · First soak the cashews in boiling water and set aside for 10minutes.
- · Boil the kettle and place the pasta on the hob to cook per packet instructions.
- · In a blender add the soaked cashew nuts, the pesto, herbs, lemon juice, avocado salt and pepper.
- · When the pasta is nearly cooked add the frozen peas into the pasta pan. Once both the pasta and peas are cooked, save some of the pasta cooking water in a cup then drain.
- · Stir the pesto sauce into the pasta and peas, season to taste, sprinkle with herbs, lemon juice, olive oil and sprinkle over the parmesan cheeses. Spoon into bowls and enjoy!