' This banana bread is super simple to make and made with spelt flour. It is soft and gooey and delicious served with peanut butter spread on top. This is a great family recipe to make for the weekend and only requires one mixing bowl to wash up! Banana bread is a delicoius afternoon tea time treat and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea'.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 Ripe Bananas
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
120g melted butter
1 cup Spelt Flour or wholemeal flour
1 tsp Vanilla Bean paste or extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Sea Salt
80g dark chocolate chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- First mash the bananas and place into a large mixing bowl. Add the egg to the bananas and combine.
- Then add the brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Fold the spelt flour, baking soda and sea salt into the mixture. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the banana bread into a lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40minutes until the banana bread is cooked but still soft. Use a knife to see whether it comes out clean, if so it is ready.
- Leave the banana bread to cool in the tin for 20minutes then slice and serve.